advice??

This quilt top is almost done.   Only 3 more seams left.  In the real version, all teal diamonds are the same color.auntlaurie2I need to know 2 things.

1) How would you quilt this queen quilt?
2) What COLOR would you use?  1 color, or 2?

The client wants a more modern feel.   The diamonds end up being about 6″ wide and 14.5″ tall.   My machine is a midarm—only an 18″ throat.  And I am NOT good at using rulers for straight lines yet.

Thanks in advance for ANY advice!!  Now, to go work on these 2 antique quilts.  Can’t WAIT to share these with you!!!

photo Signature1.png
 photo signature.png
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to advice??

1. Cheryl says:

What about something with circles or waves to give it movement?

2. Nancy says:

Amy, Lovely quilt top. I sent an email with an illustration of one idea.

3. farmquilter says:

Sorry, but this is a ruler quilt – just a straight one! Or you could do a wiggle line instead of straight lines and use echo lines (straight or wiggly) about 1/2″ apart on the white and then do different fills in the turquoise – pick a few that you like and alternate them in lines. I would also mount the quilt sideways to make it easier to do a whole row without interruption. This will be a blast to quilt!

4. Tiffany says:

I think you should just echo all the seams, then quilt something unique (pebbles, maybe.) in the purple diamonds.

5. carla bynum says:

Hi!!!! I don’t know about the quilting!!! It is beautfiul!!! Waaay beautiful!!!! I am sure it will be perfect with the way you quilt it!!!!

6. Jenn says:

You could quilt it with a purple or teal thread to have it look like argyle…..that might be kind of cool and modernish

7. Michele T says:

This quilt is beautiful!!! I love the colours!! Since I love swirls, a little bigger than hand-size ones would work. What do you think?