Oh Christmas Tree

Mom ordered a runner for her friend!   Look how stinking cute this is!  Another batch of crappy cell pics, but it is the best I could do.   It is already in Mom’s hands.

Christmas Table Runner


The striped binding is simply PERFECT!Christmas Table Runner

I hope Mrs Joy likes this!

Posted in Uncategorized | 4 Comments

Christmas is coming…..

I managed to get a Christmas project done.   This one was almost a year overdue.   I am happy that I finally managed to get it where it belongs.  These are cruddy Cell pictures.   I am sorry!!   I needed it shipped before I lost it!!!Christmas wall hanging


My favorite detail is the jingle bells!!!!   I LOVE it!Christmas wall hanging

Posted in door hangings, finished quilts, giveaway, wall hangings | 3 Comments

Beyond the Rainbow

Since I am creating very little, let me show off my Apprentice’s work!   She made this last April for her Jr Beta convention.  it didn’t win anything, BUT she is totally proud of it.  As am I!  How many 11 year olds make an entire quilt from start to finish?  The only stitching I did on the whole thing was the binding, and only because my machine was going bonkers.  (sticky footpedal—-I took it apart and cleaned it–works great now!)Beyond the Rainbow Twin Sized Quilt


The design is one I created and hope to make a pattern out of.   The bottom square border was a necessity—she ran out of purple and we didn’t want to go to town!  And it really worked out great!   She used the Empress and just made big wavy lines.   She prefers a looser, fluffier quilt.

Beyond the Rainbow Twin Sized Quilt


The scrappy border was the icing on the cake!

Beyond the Rainbow Twin Sized Quilt


The Goober took a picture of me in the door reflection!!

Beyond the Rainbow Twin Sized Quilt


What HARD work, mom!  I am NEVER doing this again.   Until next year……..Beyond the Rainbow Twin Sized Quilt

Posted in Apprentice, finished quilts, twins | 4 Comments

College Days Blog Hop!

Well, here I am again.   After nearly 3 more months of no contact.   I offered to make a block for Soma at Whims and Fancies for her College Days Blog Hop, in the hopes that it would get me jump started again.  Not sure it worked.  lol   BUT, I have a block!!

paperpiece megaphone watercooler cheerleaderSadly, it isn’t sewn out.   My boys got tangled in the cords and crashed my printer to the floor.   Wasn’t that nice of them?

I studied Sports Medicine and Athletic Training at Catawba College.  So for me, college was all about Water Coolers!!!   Yes, I was a lot more than a WaterGirl, but those darn coolers were still a huge part.  I started my career in high school, and continued until WildChild was born.  I miss my job….I really do….but the hours were killer.

Then I added the megaphone because The Apprentice is now a Junior Varsity Cheerleader.   She begged for a pompom…that was a nightmare to design!!  LOL

So, here is the block.   If anyone has any problems, please don’t hesitate to email, comment, or Facebook me.

click this link for the PDF file   ——> Watercooleregaphoneblock

And y’all, say a few prayers for me please.   I miss creating.  I just have to get out of this slump.

Posted in Uncategorized | 26 Comments

Wow. Things are crazy

I don’t even know where to start.  So much on my plate, and I’m not “hungry”.  I currently have 3 quilts ready to be quilted—2 are customer tops.  The Apprentice is entering a quilt in the Jr Beta Convention, so we are trying to work on that pattern.  (more later)  WildChild is currently at the machine sewing a swap block (LOTS more to blog about with her later) I have a tshirt quilt to have done by May, and a twin-ish throw that is also a t-shirt quilt of sorts.  Then let’s not discus the numerous patterns I wanted to get done, and the UFO’s floating around.   I thought I had my mojo back, but sadly, no.

Add to this the frustrating habit of mine for being disorganized.  The studio is virtually useless.  I can’t see to dig out of the clutter.  If I spent time cleaning/decluttering/organizing, then I don’t create.   And I have deadlines to meet, so I HAVE to create.  I will figure it out.   I always do.  In the meantime, please bear with me.  I’ll be back.


A sample of the Ticklish fabrics. Aren’t they AWESOME??

So The Apprentice…….She is in Jr Beta this year.   At the State level, there are several competitions.  Photography, sculpture, painting, cross-stitch, and QUILTING.  She is a typical pre-teen girl.  LOVES crazy bright colors.   I’ve held on to 2 charm packs of Ticklish for a LONG time.  Well over a year now.  (Jessica will remember…she was with me!)  I loved it so much that I went straight to HobbyLobby for Kona Cottons.   Couldn’t decide what colors I wanted, so I bought a yard of 6 different colors!!  LOL   Little did I know, it would be the best decision.

The mockup

The mockup

I am precutting her fabric.   I’m sure no one would expect an 11 year old to handle a Blade Of Doom.  Besides, most of the cuts are 5″ squares anyway.  So we could have just bought charm packs of the solids.  I will also trim her squares down.  Again—-dangerous for her to do.  The pattern will be a “Confident Beginner” pattern.   It is almost all Half Square Triangles.  So a super beginner would be a tad nervous.  But The Apprentice is confident!

A bonus—-SHE is sewing the sample for my pattern!  LOL  I HAVE A MINION!!!

I wanted to redo this quilt, and actually do a pattern for it, but I think since I’ve hoarded Ticklish for over a year, letting it be used will help ease the clutter!!!!

Ticklish was originally planned for this quilt.

Ticklish was originally planned for this quilt.

Posted in Uncategorized | 3 Comments